Friday, April 04, 2008

Shawn and I had decided to have a week of NO SUGAR- so, I made a few signs and put them up in strategic places around the kitchen, living room, etc... Shortly thereafter, the children decided that they didn't want any more sibling fighting to happen- so, Caleb wrote a bunch of "no fighting" signs and posted them around the house. I asked what their reward would be for having a week of no sibling fighting- they decided on cinnamon rolls- Mariah found some pictures online and thus cinnamon roll pictures went up all around the house! (totally against the previous no sugar signs!!!) Anyway, they didn't make it that week... nor the next week... and even when I did make them cinnamon rolls- they came with puppy dog eyes and said, "but we can't, because we don't deserve it"... they were being way to hard on themselves. I decided that they needed to see the good- to see what I see. They were expecting perfection. They had improved- and, honestly they aren't very bad about fighting in the first place!!! We need more cinnamon roll rewards in our home... there goes the no sugar. It didn't make a difference for us anyway :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: