Sunday, July 18, 2010

2010 Atomic Days Fun Run

So, I am very behind on my blogging... I decided to start where I am and try to work backwards, forwards, and everything in between to get it updated. 
Yesterday was Atomic Days in Arco, ID...the most happening day we have!  Daddy and Caleb were in SLC for a basketball tournament with Caleb's Idaho Falls Basketball team- the Titans.  I will post a picture of him later.  While they were away...the mice played!  The rest of us participated in a fun run... Shawn Curtis got first place overall and in his age division in the 10K (43:28), Mariah took 2nd place in her age division for the 10K (59:36), Josh took 6th place in his age division 5K (27:39)(13-18 year olds.. he is 13 and only took 2nd to someone close to his age!), Katie received a fuzzy penguin from  her participation in the Kids mile, and I took 2nd place in my division for the 5K (29:39).  Truly I was just glad to get to the end... with work being so crazy I haven't been running with any regularity at all...and when I have gone, I have been slower than molassas. Next year we hope it is the whole family :-) 
Shawn and Mariah also put together a volleyball team....  but that didn't go so hot... but they had fantastic team-mates!  Mariah then ref. many vball games the bulk of the day.  Shawn C did his own things and Katie, Josh, and I meandered all around.  Katie's fav part was the rides.  I got terribly sick on the Tilt a Whirl with Shawn C (previously my favorite ride ever) the night before, so Josh was left to ride with the little Krazy Katie!   Snowcones, lots of water, sunshine, parade with candy and ping pong ball drop... Atomic Days Fun.

2 comments:

Tyrel said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!!! Great Job on the running you guys!!! that is so Awsome. Elena and I did a 10K together and our time was 54:16, so you guys are super impressive in my book!! Next time there is any reason for you guys to be in salt lake for anything let us know so we can meet up!

Rebecca Blake said...

I am so impressed at the running! I think if I tried to do that they'd have to ressucitate me after 10 minutes!