Saturday, September 17, 2011

The start of school 2011....

Shawn is graduated... it was noticably strange to me to buy school supplies and school clothes for only 4 children ... and even that seems odd to say... since "buying school supplies for children" seems a little young for our home of teenagers!  I thought more than once during the fall shopping that his time will most definately come when we go mission shopping...eeeekkkk!  Mariah is a senior in high school now.  I can't believe that.  Next year we will be down to 3 school children.  It is all changing so fast now.  I am trying to stay excited for our children... I remember college days so vividly... I want our children to grow and learn and have similar experiences for themselves.  I think it has all it's challenges, but is such a rewarding time of life.  So much growth and change in such a short amount of time- it's fascinating.  But, I have those short bursts of times when I just can't help but think of our home without their daily influence and personalities... oh such sadness starts to set in... so for now- I leave that alone.  I feel it for a brief moment and I sweep it quickly away in the joy of what is to come. 
Shawn is working for Fish and Game again this year- what an opportunity this has been!  He works hard but gets to enjoy the beauty of God's creations every day.  He brings home the most spectacular pictures on his camera... instant joy and soothing to the soul.  So amazing.  As of this last week, he has all of his mission paperwork in and interviews done... to the best of our knowledge, his papers are turned in to SLC and we are waiting.  So sureal. 
Mariah is a Senior and things haven't gone quite as she expected and hoped for...but, are going pretty good anyway!  She is playing volleyball- which has always brought it's ups and downs for her...as any sport will...she hit a low but has turned it around so amazingly... I don't know weither to be more proud of her for what she has accomplished in the struggle or for her amazing serves and back row returns.  Her schedule didn't go like expected either- she has an online class which will make her work harder than usual- but she is so diligent... I don't have to worry- it's just that I want her to be able to enjoy her senior year too!  Her senior project is about photography... oh she took the most beautiful, thoughtful pictures this summer.  We put the main ones in an album and she entered it into the fair- won 3 blue ribbons, 1 red ribbon, and a grand champion!  I love her album- it sits on my dresser where I look at it everyday.  I often thumb through it- instant peace.  But, now is the research paper time- oh my, I feel so so...something for her... a research topic worthy of 7-10 pages that has lots varied resources just doesn't seem to be presenting itself.  She was asked to homecoming by Daniel Isham- I am so grateful.  When she told me she had been asked but didn't know who- I had instant butterflies and worries.  By 7th hour when it was finally revealed, I was so relieved~ he is so nice.  Homecoming will be fun!  It's going to be a great year~
Josh is a Freshman- he is in high school- still trying to let that sink in.  He is playing football and practises so hard!!  He got a sack last night- it was awesomeness :-)  and... even better... I actually got it on film!  He is much taller than me now... Caleb and Katie are on their way of surpassing me too... won't be long and Mariah and I will be left in the dust.  I love sitting by Josh during the varsity games- so fun to talk with.  School is going great for him- as usual for each of the children- high school hasn't been much of an adjustment for him at all.  He is such a hard worker and always willing to help <3
Caleb is doing excellent in his school work too.. even working ahead on his math assignments... already having me quiz him in science... shawn quized him in spelling... he is so good.  I never have to get after our children to get their homework done... it's an automatic thing with them- they are so awesome!  Caleb is fun to watch with his buddies- esp Hunter Farmer and Matt Isham... our three musketeers.  Jeff said it well last night, usually three is a crowd in friendships...but those three just have it all figured out.  I love to just sit back and watch them interact- so cool!  Middle school is now in the high school- I wasn't too worried about our kids...but, wasn't expecting the neat interactions between Mia and Caleb in the hallways between classes- that's kindof cool <3
Katie bug is in 4th grade and growing so tall.  She loves gymnastics and wishes we had classes again close by...but, I signed her up for dance- another love- and made her take vball in a 7 wk program by the parks and recreation dept.  She isn't happy about it- but, she is doing really well in it anyway and I just hope it is one of those things she thanks me for later... we shall see.  School for her is now in the old middle school- which is such a nice school building- she finds it exciting so it hasn't been a hard adjustment for her at all.  I love her teacher- Ms McCurdy- so I am expecting a great year for our little miss Katie Kate.  She gets drug around to all the sports events...but finds her friends and is delighted!  Kelsie Isham is usually there to save her day :-) 
I love my job- the people I work with are simply wonderful people- I am understanding more and hopefully making things easier for LeeAnn- and it is so family friendly I just want to pinch myself with how blessed I am.  The only thing better would be to be a full time homemaker again- there is always plenty to do!!  But, for working- it doesn't get better than what I have~
I LOVE my Honey... oh my what a blessing he is for me.  We used to kindof worry about retirement and serving missions and being around each other 24 hours a day... now, I can't wait!  I love every minute with him <3  So incredibly thankful for my family <3

No comments: