Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I read an email letter today from the Flakes- mentioning that I haven't said much about the weather.... I am cold. I am very cold. I am feeling so very blessed to have a home, a coat, gloves, a car that heats up eventually~ all those luxuries. You know- even hot water is a luxury you really miss sometimes. We came home from Boise and all our pipes were frozen. We have water restored in all parts of the house except our bathroom. Ugh. I guess we had neg. 20 (-20) degree weather while we were gone to Boise... we were enjoying a balmy 35 degrees there I believe. We are still covered in snow- unlike Boise which has none left- we are still negative degrees or high to about 11 or 15- unlike Boise. Do we sense jealousy? Now, I do have to mention that I do not have the HUGE amount of snow that New York does! Honestly, I do not mind snow- I mind cold. Very cold. Yeah. Hmmmmm. You know for a fact that it's bad when my Arco-ite husband and his fellow Arco-ite friends complain about how cold it is. He grew up in a home with no insulation and no heating in the upstairs bedrooms. I slept there once after we were married- by this point there was an electric blanket in the room (Mom loved me!)- and even with that you dare not touch the walls or floors for fear of sticking to the ice. So with that background- he complains about it being cold? Yah. Sick of cold. I want to go to California and see my dad- Texas to see family- South Carolina to see family- Alabama to see family- Arizona to see family- you know, there really aren't too many of you out there that are in the colder climates.... I am thinking of a lot of you in warmer areas.... did I miss something? Visit Arco in the summer. End of the complaining. :-) Okay, one more complaint- come visit us in summer- summer here is the month of July!!!! It is amazing we get flowers and some kindof garden in with our short growing season!!!! Okay. Now I think I am done.

No comments: