Sunday, June 11, 2006

Okay- not had a fun time around here in some parts of our lives... the reason I got behind in blogging- our computer crashed- then the cell phone broke- then the washing machine died- then the free washing machine someone brought to us died- we have been so busy we couldn't think... UGH. We are still blessed- we are all healthy and happy- yes, we are still laughing.... just that sometimes it is close to crying!!! We have had 2 weeks of everything that could go wrong- did. Took the 17 loads of laundry to the laundromat and spilled the laundry soap on the driver side seat (got the bottle there just fine- don't know how it came off on the way over?!!). But, the children were wonderful sports about helping and being good during the laundromat hours! I thought they all deserved snowies for that!! The Suburban had some major repairs- still not all done- but it took all the money we were going to use to go to Philmont- we'll try again next year!! We actually aren't too very upset about not going- so maybe the timing wasn't all bad afterall. Just as long as the Suburban keeps going we should be great!! The drains in our bathroom clogged- the kid's bathroom sink broke and leaked water all over- the outside faucet burst.... yeah. This is just the obvious things- lots of other happenings have been happening!! Sigh. But, I am learning a lot. Hmmmmm......by the by- the computer man did save the hard drive off our computer- whew- I wanted to cry- happy cry! MY PICTURES- so, today I spent a couple of hours saving all pictures to two external hard drives :-) (I forgot to mention that the computer crashed seconds before I was going to push the print button to print a 48 page booklet I had worked a couple of weeks on for a YM/YW stake activity- I left 10 minutes later for the activity with almost empty hands- then everything that could go "wrong" or "off" did during that activity too- but I don't think the youth figured that out- whew) Anyway, my family has already heard my woes- now all of you have too- so, time to move on and hope for better moments- By the way-Rebecca, you cursed us with the "no appliance can break on it's own blog" that I responded to.... I hold you partially responsible- my computer "read" that and the little men inside decided to go on strike. Yeah- I hear you laughing :-) I am just so grateful that our little family is still doing so well- I love our family.

1 comment:

Rebecca Blake said...

Oh no!!!! You've definately got the curse!!! I didn't know it was contagious. I didn't even mention all the little stuff that goes wrong amidst the big stuff, but it looks like the whole curse transfers. I'll have to be more careful in the future. I'm soooooooo sorry!
Hmmmm..... on a happier note, maybe we got rid of the curse... bwa ha ha ha....