Monday, December 29, 2008

Dose of Reality...

I think we have joined humanity once more. Despite the fun Christmas pictures and the love of snow... we have in actuality had a lot of sickness...and down time. But, I think we are done for about 2 weeks! The Christmas cards won't make it out for New Years- they were signed...but nothing was addressed and no year end letter created... Valentines Day? Better late than never....right? We are prolonging the holiday spirit for everyone! hee, hee, hee. Actually, I don't even think I would send them out at all at this point- but, I feel bad. I had the children sign 90 cards... to not send them out seems.... not nice. I did have the thought that we could just be ahead for next year- would their signatures really change that much? :-P If you get an e-card... you know I gave up the battle!!!
It is 2:30 am and I am still out of sync from the past few weeks- sigh. I don't know how to sleep through the night these days. Katie has been feeling a little run down since the first part of November. We have had a few dr. visits, bloodwork, and a specialist (worst dr visit ever) for her and the end result after swollen tonsils (the swelling has gone down some- but they have spent more time touching than not), croup, strep, and a virus... on Jan 7th she will have surgery to take the tonsils out. Our job right now is to keep her healthy as possible (which actually makes me laugh a bit) and gear up for a very long week and a half. She has missed quite a bit of school-- and will be missing at least 1 1/2 weeks more...but, in the end- it should be the better thing. She has had company during her time off from school- the strep and viral stuff had to hit the whole family... all spaced out of course. Josh got strep in the form of not keeping anything down for a few days and off a week of school... and Caleb had a rash- but, it turned out to be strep as well- out a week of school. I got the viral whatever twice (headache and slept for two days both times- slept like I've never slept before... is that why I am up right now?!) and my honey and Shawn C. and Mariah took their turns the first 1/2 of Christmas break. We all made it to church yesterday- healthy! 3 days and counting of no illness- yippeeee!!! The real work has begun though- the washing machine has been going crazy trying to keep everyone from getting sick again... so now has been the busy-ness of sterilization! I will admit that this has still been a wonderful Christmas- but it most definately has been my absolute laziest. I have had no desire whatsoever to go anywhere or do much of anything. We finally visited Dad and Mom King yesterday afternoon and they asked how all our extended family is doing.... we don't know yet. How sad is that? We haven't been in touch with ANYONE. (yes, you- the reader of this blog- are not alone!) I think the only thing I have accomplished is updating the blog.... because it is something I can do at 1 and 2 am :-) So, this is my dose of reality for the blog- all is well... or at least will be well!....but, I have been "off"- not myself- and tired. Very tired. There. Sigh. Okay. Whew.
But, now starts a new week!! YAHOOO! We are all feeling much better- including myself- and I think we are ready to tackle the new year much better than we have the previous two holidays! I love the feeling of a new year... and I need it :-)
So, we missed the Happy Thanksgiving... and the Merry Christmas.... but, I am EARLY on HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might be able to sleep now~ goodnight!

No comments: