
Katie and I have 2 new friends- Elaine and LaRee. They live on their own and family lives close by and helps them with anything they might need- for instance, they just did their clothes shopping trip with a sister before this picture- LaRee is wearing a brand new sweater that is sooooo soft- she absolutely loves it- and so do I. In Aug, after school started we had them over for lunch and to look at LaRee's yearbooks (she loves yearbooks/pictures). Ever since then we have them over every couple of weeks for lunch and to do something. This day we had decided to make sugar cookies, use cut outs, decorate them, and go caroling to their family members in Arco. We had so much fun- as you can see from Katie's expression! It was my favorite activity we have done so far. (For halloween we tried to make a spooky village out of lunch sacks, cardboard, tissue ghosts, etc.... we couldn't get the tree branch in the middle to stay up so that the ghosts could be flying in it- we tried everything- ugh) The time before this picture we made Christmas ornaments/ napkin holders that I had made when I was a youngster at home. (the stick horse candy cane felt thing and the santa face napkin holder- for my family that can remember!) Anyway, they have become a wonderful part of mine and Katie's life while "the children", as Katie calls her siblings, are at school. We love Elaine and LaRee.
No comments:
Post a Comment